4 May 2017, Silverwater
Is your wastewater treatment plant operating well?
Do you need staff training in this area? Do you want to cut the costs of running your plant?
Have you recently installed new equipment?
Many companies need to operate and manage their wastewater treatment systems to remain in compliance and reduce high costs associated with sewage and waste disposal. To help sites better manage their wastewater systems this workshop takes you through the range of processes and regulatory requirements needed to select and operate your wastewater system at its optimum level. This course covers:
- Overview of Sydney Water’s Trade Waste policy and agreement processes
- Discharge limits and approaches under Environment Protection Licences
- How to negotiate changes to your discharge conditions
- Upstream focus on cleaner production and reducing the load on the treatment plant
- Treatment systems covered:
- Physical separation: Dissolved Air Flotation, filtration, settling systems, de-watering and management of sludge
- Biological: BOD reduction using MBRs, activated sludge, anaerobic digestion and the latest technologies etc
- Chemical treatments: use of coagulants, flocculants, filter aids, chemical destruction etc
- Tertiary treatment: Filtration, Disinfection and Reverse Osmosis
- Maintenance and operations: pumps, mechanical, chemical and process control
- Waste and liquid waste management and costs and how to reduce them
A Morning seminar featuring speakers from the Sydney Water, Hydroflux and ASBG will cover the new issues.
An afternoon workshop will take you through the details of managing your Environmental Protection Licence.
This seminar and workshop is supported by
Time: 8:15 am rego. 8:30 am to 4:45 pm