Use of the GHS classification and labelling for hazardous substances is fully required in 2017. This workshop is to assist attendees in complying with the GHS especially in classification, labelling and Safety Data Sheets
This workshop will equip supervisors and managers dealing with hazardous chemicals on
what needs to be undertaken to comply with the new rules and how to minimise risk associated with them.
Workshop: A half-day introductory workshop designed to get participants up to speed on Australia's current dangerous
goods and hazardous chemicals under the new Workplace Health and Safety laws covering
- Overview of Globally Harmonized System (GHS) – what is it and its relationship to Dangerous Goods
- Classification Hazardous Chemicals under GHS 2009ed Purple Book and associated Dangerous Good classifications and where they differ
- Notification and manifest requirements to WorkCover and formal documentation Labelling for GHS
- Understanding and preparation of Safety Data Sheets
- Transference of classifications and labelling requirements from old to new GHS
- Labelling for GHS and Safety Data Sheets
- Overviews of bunding, separation distance and incompatibility
- Case study classification and labelling of substances under GHS
Center to dangerous goods and chemical management is the adoption of the United Nations Globally Harmonized
System (GHS). The GHS labelling system will be covered as how DG and GHS labelling will overlap in the proposed regulations.
Dates: Thursday 18 May 2017 (Silverwater)
Time: 12:45 am (Registrations) for 1 pm to 5.15 pm
Compliments ASBG's Dangerous Goods Storage Compliance Workshop on from 1:15 pm to 5:00 pm - discount applies
if attending both
Venue: Dooleys Club, Clyde Street, Silverwater, Sydney
Cost: $275 (ASBG Members) or $330 (Non Members)
Both sessions: $395 (ASBG & NSW BC Members) or $480 (Non Members)
Note by also attending ASBG's Dangerous Goods Storage Compliance workshop in the afternoon you will also receive lunch and a discount
on that course.